Do you think you know your Minnesota Twins trivia? Give these questions a try and you might be this month’s winner. This month we will be giving the winner an autographed picture of former Twins catcher Lenny Webster. The winner will be the first person to answer this months Twins trivia questions correctly so send in your correct answers to us in an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. We will also list your name and city here so everyone knows that you know your Twins history.
Good luck, there were no July trivia winners.
August trivia questions
1. This former Twins pitcher gave up Pete Rose’s 4,000th hit. Who was he and what team was he pitching for at the time?
2. What Twins organist who last played in 1998 played “take me out to the ball game” in 1,775 straight Twins home games?
3. What one time Twins player appeared on the first ever cover of Baseball Digest back in the early 40′s?
4. Sandy Koufax won his first major league game on August 27, 1955 when he shutout the Cincinnati Reds 7-0 at Ebbets Field giving up only two hits. One of the Reds players that day hit a double off Koufax and later went on to manage the Minnesota Twins, who was that player?
5. But by the time he was through with high school, this one time Twins pitcher who also led his basketball team to an state title in 1958, had set Ohio high school pitching records that will never be broken: a 52-1 career record, 20 wins in one season and 32 straight, eight no-hitters in a season (twice), and 17 no-hitters total. Who was this guy?
Previous months questions and answers
1. What one time Twins catcher is the only player to hit a home run in his first MLB at bat and also in his first all-star game at bat? Terry Steinbach
2. This Twins player was one of five players on the final vote ballot for the 2007 All-Star game. Pat Neshek
3. Who was the first Minnesota native to represent the Minnesota Twins in the MLB All-Star game and what year did it take place? Kent Hrbek in 1982
4. What is the youngest Twins player to ever bat in an All-Star game? Catcher Butch Wynegar was 20 years and 121 days old when he played in the July 13, 1976 all-star game at Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia. Wynegar had one plate appearance that day and he walked.
5. Only three Twins pitchers have started an all-star game, name them. Dean Chance in 1967, Frank Viola in 1988, and Jack Morris in 1991.
6. What Twins player was part of the All-Star Home Run Derby but ended up hitting no home runs? To date this player is the only Twins player to participate in the All-Star home run contest and hit zero home runs. Gary Gaetti in 1989 at Anaheim Stadium
7. Two Twins players have hit home runs in an All-Star game, name the players and how many each has hit in All-Star competition. Harmon Killebrew (3) and Kirby Puckett (1)
8. Who is the only Twins pitcher to earn an All-Star game victory and what year did he get it? Frank Viola in 1988
9. What Twins player has been an All-Star games starter at all three outfield positions? Kirby Puckett
10. What Twins pitcher struck out 4 NL All-Stars in one of his All-Star appearances? Camilo Pascual in 1961
11. This Twins All-Star hit two triples on one All-Star game. Name the Twins player who did this, name the opposing pitcher and the stadium where it happened. Rod Carew (1978), Vida Blue, in San Diego Stadium.
12. What Twins All-Star pitcher stands as the last Twins pitcher to bat in an All-Star game and what year did it happen? Rick Aguilera in 1992
13. Only two Twins players have ever led the American League in All-Star fan voting, name them. For a bonus point tell me the years involved. Rod Carew in 75, 77, and 78 and Joe Mauer in 2010
Twins Crossword Puzzles
Once you have brough the puzzle up and are ready to print the puzzle, do a right-click with your mouse and you might want to do a print preview first to get the puzzle the right size to fit on a single page. The clues for the puzzle will print on page 2.
If you are interested in having me create a unique Twins Trivia puzzle for your special event, drop me a line at email@example.com and we can discuss what you are looking for and what the cost might be. Thanks!