We are deep into the off-season and temperatures are cold, the green grass is now brown and covered with snow and spring training is not yet in sight. So what else is there to do then dream about baseball? Do you think you know your Minnesota Twins trivia? Give these questions a try and you might be this month’s winner. This month’s winners get no prize, just the bragging rights for knowing his/her Minnesota Twins history. Everyone that answers this months questions correctly will get his name listed here, so send in your correct answers to us in an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . We had no winners in November, hopefully we can do better this month. Good Luck!
Jeremy Jurek from Andover, Minnesota is the first to answer this months question correctly.
December trivia questions
1. This former Twins player is in the Australian Baseball Hall of Fame, who is he and what position did he play for with the Twins?
2. How many Twins pitchers have hit home runs? Bonus, how many home runs total have Twins pitchers hit?
3. Three times in my Twins career I had over 500 plate appearances in a season but struck out less than 30 times each season, who am I?
4. This Twins player hit the first home run ever given up by Roger Clemens, do you know who the player was?
5. This former Twins pitcher threw a complete game shutting out the Orioles 4-0 at Griffith Stadium and was the last Washington Senators pitcher to be credited with a win before the team moved to Minnesota after the 1960 season, who was he?
Previous months questions and answers
1. What two Twins players were high school teammates in Deshler, Ohio before again becoming teammates for the Twins? Rich Reese and Jerry Fosnow
2. What Twins pitcher holds the team record for most groundball double plays induced in a single season with 38? Geoff Zahn in 1978
3. Name two pitchers that won 20 or more games in a single season for the Twins and also won 20 or more games in a season for a National League team. Jerry Koosman and Frank Viola each won 20 games for the Twins and the New York Mets.
4. Four one-time Twins pitchers lost 20 or more games in a season for other teams, name the pitcher and the team they lost 20 games for? Jerry Koosman was 8-20 for the Mets in 1977, Steve Carlton was 13-20 for the Phillies in 1973, Luis Tiant was 9-20 for the Indians in 1969, and Chuck Stobbs was 8-20 for the 1957 Senators.
5. The Twins have had 4 lefties win 20 or more games, the Washington Senators have had 21 pitchers win 20 games or more in a season between 1901 and 1960, how many of them were lefties? One, Earl Whitehill in 1933
Twins Crossword Puzzles
Once you have brough the puzzle up and are ready to print the puzzle, do a right-click with your mouse and you might want to do a print preview first to get the puzzle the right size to fit on a single page. The clues for the puzzle will print on page 2.
If you are interested in having me create a unique Twins Trivia puzzle for your special event, drop me a line at email@example.com and we can discuss what you are looking for and what the cost might be. Thanks!