Single-A Cedar Rapids 1B Zander Wiel is the Twins minor league Player of the
Week. Wiel appeared in five games for the Kernels, hitting .444 (8-for-18) with one double, three home runs, 12 RBI, four walks and six runs scored. In 83 games for the Kernels this season, he is hitting .246 (80-for-325) with 18 doubles, five triples, 10 home runs, 51 RBI and 43 runs scored. The 23-year-old Tennessee native was drafted by the Twins in the 12th round of the 2015 First-Year Player Draft out of Vanderbilt University.
Additional Menu Selections
Subscribe to Twinstrivia.com RSS feed
AL Central Division Standings
Team W L Pct. GB Indians 40 36 .526 - Twins 39 36 .520 0.5 Royals 37 38 .493 2.5 Tigers 34 42 .447 6.0 White Sox 33 43 .434 7.0
Last updated: 06/28/2017
Down On The FarmBinghamton infielder Luis Guillorme has been working on his defensive skills since his childhood days in Venezuela, and they'...Once again, Minor League Baseball teams will honor America and help raise much-needed funds for a worthy cause this Independe...Mariners No. 23 prospect Pablo Lopez allowed three hits over seven innings in his first scoreless outing of the year as Class...Philadelphia Phillies No. 11 prospect Scott Kingery tied for the Minor League lead in long balls with 20 as Lehigh Valley Iro...Indians No. 18 prospect Shawn Morimando posted a career-high 12 strikeouts and pitched a five-hitter for his second shutout o...B.J. Boyd of the Midland RockHounds snagged BUSH'S Beans All-Star MVP honors with three RBIs in the South's 10-3 win in the T...Baltimore Orioles No. 5 prospect Keegan Akin allowed one single over eight scoreless innings in Frederick's 5-1 win over Wilm...Rochester recorded 14 hits, all singles, and Michael Tonkin stranded the winning run on base in the 9th inning as the Red Win...New York Yankees No. 20 prospect Zack Littell gave up three hits and two walks while fanning 10 over six shutout innings as T...Indians No. 4 prospect Bobby Bradley homered on the first pitch of each of his last three at-bats and drove in seven runs Tue...
Twins News & Blogs
Get the most up-to-date Twins news right here.
- Gonsalves seeking another strong outing (MIN Homepage News)
- Twins fall at rainy Fenway as 3 errors costly (MIN Homepage News)
- Weather prematurely ends Santiago's return (MIN Homepage News)
- Mejia ready to face Red Sox for first time (MIN Homepage News)
- Fenway Park storms produce amazing pictures (MIN Homepage News)
- Gee set for first outing at Triple-A Rochester (MIN Homepage News)
- No. 1 pick Lewis homers in first pro at-bat (MIN Homepage News)
- Gordon stays hot for Chattanooga (MIN Homepage News)
- Gimenez's HR all Twins can get vs. Sale, Sox (MIN Homepage News)
- Berrios makes adjustments to limit damage (MIN Homepage News)
- Hughes set to make 1 more rehab outing (MIN Homepage News)
- Sano leads at 3B, needs final AL ballot push (MIN Homepage News)
- Santana leads Twins to sweep, 1st place (MIN Homepage News)
- Twins exact payback with sweep in Cleveland (MIN Homepage News)
- Dozier's dinger helps Twins conquer Kluber (MIN Homepage News)
Powered by Simple RSS Feeds Widget
Twins Territory BlogsThe Twins did very little well Tuesday night -- hitting, pitching, fielding -- and got embarrassed by the Boston Red Sox. It ...Here's a look at top prospects to watch in today's Minor League action:Two lengthy rain delays did nothing to dampen the Boston bats, as the Red Sox rode a steady stream of hits and a strong pitch...With Hector Santiago making his first start since June 6 after just one three-inning rehab appearance, and a doubleheader loo...A few runs here and there eventually leads to a blowout. After about an hour of rain delay, the shoulda-been early (for...Right-hander Alex Wimmers has cleared waivers and accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A Rochester from the Twins, tweet...Red Sox right-hander Rick Porcello hasn't been able to replicate the kind of numbers he put up when he won last year's Americ...Fenway Park storms produce amazing pictures“Knocking Down the Door” is a weekly feature that identifies minor leaguers who are making a case for a big league promotion....After being optioned to Triple-A Rochester on Monday, pitcher Dillon Gee will make his first appearance as a member of the Tw...Photo Credit: Brad Rempel-USA TODAY Sports Until recently, speed was a hard to quantify when it cam...Royce Lewis wasted no time showing why Minnesota made him the No. 1 overall pick in this year's MLB Draft, launching a solo h...After hitting .097 in 14 games with the Brewers, Lewis Brinson was optioned to Triple-A Colorado Springs and immediately got ...Chris Sale's latest pitching clinic helped deliver the Red Sox a 4-1 victory over the Twins in Monday night's opener of a fou...June 27 1913 – Walter Johnson begins a personal 14 game winning streak with a shutout of the Athletics, 2-0, in D.C. Barney’s...There’s only three days left to vote, and some annoying Indians rookie is gaining on Miguel Sano rapidly. The links: ...A recap of the Twins' minor league affiliates' results from June 26th, 2017. Triple-A: Rochester Red Wings 4, Buffalo B...The Washington Senators did not play on this date. The Senators find themselves in 1st place in the American League by one ha...Dillon Gee will probably feel like a ping pong ball soon, if he doesn't already. The right-handed pitcher was released...Jose Berrios' ability to pitch his way out of trouble was again tested against the Red Sox on Monday, and while he showed poi...
1960's BaseballThis Week in 1960s Baseball (June 26, 1968) On June 4, 1968, Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Don Drysdale set a major league record with his sixth consecutive shutout. Four days later, Drys...Swap Shop: Five-Player Deal Sends Dean Chance to the Twins In the first half of the 1960s, the best pitcher in the history of the Los Angeles/California Angels was a right-hander named ...Glancing Back, and Remembering Jerry Grote In the prime of his 16-season big league career, Jerry Grote was recognized as one of the best defensive catchers in the National League. He w...This Week in 1960s Baseball (June 19, 1963) The Boston Red Sox today defeated the Detroit Tigers 9-2 behind the slugging bats of Frank Malzone and Carl Yastrzemski supporting the seven-...Homer Happy: Willie Kirkland The career of Willie Kirkland lived and died by the home run. During his nine-year major league career, Kirkland was a much-in-demand (and frequently traded...
- The Twins longest games in terms of innings played
- Major League Debuts as Minnesota Twins - Lee, Olson and Luebber
- According to ELIAS - Ervin Santana’s 7th “New Millennium Shutout”
- Twins have always been looking for pitching - even back in 1966
- Mike Pomeranz interview
- Major League Debuts as Minnesota Twins - Meyer, Polanco and Robertson
- Twins Trivia Questions
- Minnesota Twins Top 10 Catchers
- 20 Game Winners
- Interesting & historic Twins box scores
TagsAaron Hicks Ben Revere Bert Blyleven Blue Jays Bob Allison Brad Radke Brian Dozier Byron Buxton Calvin Griffith Camilo Pascual Chicago White Sox Cleveland Indians Detroit Tigers Francisco Liriano Glen Perkins Harmon Killebrew Jim Kaat Jim Perry Joe Mauer Johan Santana Josh Willingham Justin Morneau Kansas City Royals Kent Hrbek Kirby Puckett Max Kepler Metrodome Met Stadium Michael Cuddyer Miguel Sano New York Yankees Oakland A's Paul Molitor Red Sox Rod Carew Ron Gardenhire Scott Baker Target Field Terry Ryan Tom Kelly Tony Oliva Torii Hunter Trevor Plouffe Washington Senators Zoilo Versalles
- Copyright © 2017 by John J. Swol All rights reserved. This web site or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author. [caption id="attachment_14697" align="aligncenter" width="300"] If you are interested in baseball in any way, you should consider joining SABR. The local chapter here in the Twin Cities is the Halsey Hall chapter.