The walk-off hit that gives your team the win is as exciting as it gets at your home ballpark and a walk-off loss on the road is frustrating and depressing. Let’s take a look at Minnesota Twins history from 1961-2015 and see how the Twins have fared.
Seasons with most walk-off wins
Seasons with most walk off losses
Some interesting Twins walk-off tidbits
- The Twins had 150 walk-off wins at Met Stadium, 213 walk-off wins at the Metrodome and 37 walk-off wins at Target Field.
- Between 1961-1981 the Twins were walked off 165 times, between 1982-2009 they were walked off 206 times, and between 2010-2015 they have been walked off 33 times.
- Between 1961-2015 the Twins have 400 walk-off wins and 404 walk-off loses.
- Doug DeCinces and Johnny Damon have the most walk-off game winners against the Twins, four each.
- Kirby Puckett has the most walk-off hits for Minnesota with 12.
- The fewest walk-off losses for the Twins were three in 1993 and again in 2006.
- The Twins have beaten the Chicago White Sox 47 times in walk-off fashion, more than any other team.
- The Twins have been beaten in walk-off fashion the most times by the Chicago White Sox, a total of 41 times.
- Since 2006 the Twins have walked off the Yankees just once and lost via the walk-off on four occasions.
- Pitcher Bill Pleis was the winning pitcher in the first Twins walk-off win and the losing pitcher in the Twins first walk-off loss.
- The Twins first walk-off win came courtesy of Zoilo Versalles when he hit a game winning SAC fly off Dave Sisler of the Washington Senators.
- The Twins first ever walk-off home run was a pinch-hit home run by Julio Becquer against Orioles pitcher Jack Fisher.